Skip to main content

Clean with Passion for Now Drama Review

Hello, friends!

Been a year since I last posted in this blog and I am extremely sorry about that. Starting this year, I will do my very best to update you more of drama reviews and other things that interests me. And for my 'come-back' blog, I decided to make a  review of Clean with Passion for Now as it's the latest drama I've watched (finished it this weekend). So, shall we start?

Image result for clean with passion poster





Clean with Passion for Now!! or 일단 뜨겁게 청소하라!! is a korean drama that was adapted from a webtoon drama by Aengo with the same title. The story revolves in the lives and families of the leading characters, Gil Oh-sol, portrayed by Kim Yoo Jung, and Jang Seon-kyul, portrayed by Yun Kyunsang.


First let's give a short synopsis of the story.

Jang Seon-kyul is a CEO of a cleaning company who is suffering from OCD while Gil Oh-sol is a broke, college graduate who is continually looking for part time jobs to help her family. The two first met by an accident when Oh-Sol was running away to prevent her crush from seeing her with a garbage cart. Apparently, Seon-kyul was also in the area to meet the founder of his missing robot vacuum cleaner and while looking around his car and Oh-sol's cart collided.

The two met again a few times until Oh-sol ends up working in Seon-kyul's company, where the two started to develop feelings for each other without knowing. Oh-seol would often get blamed by customers in which Seon-kyul would always come to the rescue. As the two get comfortable with eachother, Seon-kyul's secretary, Ms. Kwon, noticed changes in Seon-kyul's behavior when he even got to a point where he held Oh-sol with his bare hands to prevent Oh-sol from falling while cleaning. Later on, Ms. Kwon discovered that Seon-kyul is only willing to hold Oh-sol alone, but is still sensitive with other people and his environment, making her jump to the conclusion that Oh-seol may be able to help him cure his OCD. She makes way for Oh-sol to always be with Seon-kyul and even hired her as his in-house maid. Seon-kyul's feelings for Oh-sol grew stronger and so does Oh-sol but due to her promise with Seon-kyul's grandfather to not fall in love with him, she suppressed her feelings for him, leaving Seon-kyul with a broken heart. But his love is just too great, he continued pursuing her until they both can't contain themselves and officially dated each other. But just like any other korean drama, there will always be a complicated past between the lovers and so it came to them too.

Things got complicated when Oh-sol's family discovered that Seon-kyul is actually the grandson of the AG Group owner, the company who was responsible for the death of individuals 6 years ago in which Oh-sol's mother was one of the victims. Due to Oh-sol's family's hatred towards the people from AG Group, she decided to break up with Seon-kyul. Seon-kyul, who didn't know why they had to break up, tried to look for ways for him to understand the reason why Oh-sol broke up with him, and upon knowing the truth, grew more guilty of what happened 6 years ago. He came back to his old self, repeatedly washing his hands until they bleed, and due to lack of focus, he came into an accident which lead to a coma. upon hearing the accident, Oh-sol immediately ran to him and stayed with him for a week to take care of him, but promised herself that she won't be coming back once he wakes up. true enough, Oh-sol refrained herself from coming to Seon-kyul upon hearing that he has woken up.

They then saw eachother again but decided to break things between them officially. Seonkyul then decided to fly off to the US, upon hearing about it, Oh-sol tried to run after him to th airport but was not fortunate to meet him there.

2 years passed, Seon-kyul finally came back from the US, free from OCD while Oh-sol now works for a company. The two crossed paths again and Seon-kyul decided to ask Oh-sol to rekindle their past relationship. Due to guilt towards her family, Oh-sol declined Seon-kyul's offer saying he was years late. Seon-kyul, with his persistence, still did everything to makes things between them better and finally, Oh-sol's family allowed her to go back with Seon-kyul.


Characters: 

So, for those who doesn't know, Ahn Hyoseop was actually supposed to play the role of Seon-kyul but due to unexpected events and changes in the schedules, Hyoseop had to withdraw from the drama, thus replaced by Kyunsang.

When I first saw the poster, I thought, "Kyunsang and Jaerim are way too mature for the 20y/o Yoojung" but I knew I has to give it a shot.
Upon watching the first few episodes, it felt a little awkward for me as I kept thinking about the age gaps between the main leads but later on, grew fond of them. I actually did not look forward to it, but Kyunsang and Yoojung had an unexpected chemistry. Despite of their 12 year gap, they both were able to pull it through in the drama. I really fell in love with the both of them!

I first saw Kyunsang from Pinocchio back in 2014 and have admired him since then. Well, it's very impossible to actually admire him for his looks, but he was more notable, for me, when he was casted in Doctors back in 2016, together with Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won. he has played mature roles since then and has never expected he would play alongside a very young Kim Yoojung. Tho his role is supposed to be a 30y/o CEO, Yoojung portraying a role that is actually older than her amazed. She was actually able to pull it excellently! Even though we can't deny that she looked really young for her role, physically, but she made it through and I'm proud of her!

Song Jaerim, on the other hand, the second male lead, looked really much older. I am not so sure if Jaerim's character is supposed to look that way, but he looked really dry. Not his acting tho. I actually loved the way he portrayed his role. I was more concerned on his physical appearance as he looked like as if he was sick the entire drama. As per his character, I still think he was way too mature to be Yoojung's second male lead. Im glad that his character was actually rejected first thing when he confessed, coz his character really fits as an older brother who keeps watch. Nonetheless, his acting was great as ever. (Im not hating on Jaerim! I love him to bits! ♥)

I also loved Ms. Kim Hye-eun's character who portrayed Seon-kyul's mom! It's very refreshing to see a mother of a chaebol (Son/daughter of a rich family) to support her son dating a commoner! To actually like the girl her son likes is something very new to me.


Story Behind:

So, I just wanted to include here the story behind Seong-kyul's OCD. In the last few episodes, it was revealed that his disease was actually due to the accident 6 years ago. Apparently, he went to the funeral of the victims in behalf of his grandfather to pay his respect, guilty of what his grandfather did to these families. And because of that event, his washing of hands portrays washing off the 'dirt' or sin his family made. He felt as if he was also responsible for the death of the people, thus making him 'unclean'.


Surprisingly, this drama exceeded my expectation from the main lead's chemistry. However, I felt like the ending of the drama was rushed, that it felt lacking. There could have been a better ending for this drama, but I guess it's because they had to change so many things because of the scheduling and changing of actors, they had to change the story too? I just really hope they did a better ending for Oh-sol and Seon-Kyul. Also wanted to see the progress of Oh-Dol and Joo-Yeon's relationship more.

I am, so, rating this drama an 8/10!

P.S.
Im actually still stuck in the chemistry between Yoojung and Kyunsang that I had to watched almost every video and read every article they're together. Just how may of us, drama lover, hope they end up for real? (I mean, 12 year gap is a big age gap, but witnessing how protective Kyunsang over Yoojung, is it possible to create a spark between the two? hmmm)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High School Debut Review

My favorite part in the Movie So, after I finished the movie, I did some research about the movie: it's plot and it's casts. Here is the list of the main casts in the Movie. Junpei Mizobata   as Yoh Komiyama Ito Ōno   as Haruna Nagashima Masaki Suda   as Fumiya Tamura Rina Aizawa   as Asami Komiyama Yuki Furukawa   as Yui Asaoka Rei Okamoto  as Makoto Kurihara

Medical Technology, Here I Come!

Been very busy these past few days. Really. Too busy to keep my blog updated. lol. Sorry for that. Anyway, I want to share the good news to everyone. :D I passed Medical Technology Entrance Exam in CEU! :D Okay, I know it's not a big deal.But Im really happy. I really wanted to become  a Med-Tech student. UST didn't give me that chance but, CEU did! <3 <3 <3 lol. :)) Anyway, yeah. It is really a good news but Im still bothered whether to pursue Med-Tech or Psychology.  I mean, they are both good courses and are both Pre-Med courses. But, a big BUT, I'm having troubles which one to choose. Mainly because of today's life.

Angels' Last Mission: Love Drama Review

And so, I'm back with new drama review! I actually finished 5 dramas with my 3 week vacation, which kinda slow compared to my past years of watching Asian Dramas coz. Anyway, let me go ahead and share with you guys a drama that caught my heart unknowingly~ ♥ So, let's start! I don't know how many people were actually hooked with Angel's Last Mission: Love, but all I can say is that it is one great drama. The plot, the characters, the unexpected story-line and twists of the drama is just really well done, even the OST is fantastic!!! First off, let us talk about it's plot and story line.  The drama revolves around the life of a ballerina, Lee Yeon Seo (Shin Hye Sun), who was involved in an accident which resulted to her blindness. Because of this, she became emotionally detached with everyone and everything, including doing ballet. Mean while, an angel named Kim Dan (Kim Myungsoo/L) was on his last mission: to make Yeon Seo fall in love, before he finally go