Skip to main content

Angels' Last Mission: Love Drama Review

And so, I'm back with new drama review!
I actually finished 5 dramas with my 3 week vacation, which kinda slow compared to my past years of watching Asian Dramas coz. Anyway, let me go ahead and share with you guys a drama that caught my heart unknowingly~ ♥ So, let's start!

I don't know how many people were actually hooked with Angel's Last Mission: Love, but all I can say is that it is one great drama. The plot, the characters, the unexpected story-line and twists of the drama is just really well done, even the OST is fantastic!!!

First off, let us talk about it's plot and story line. 

The drama revolves around the life of a ballerina, Lee Yeon Seo (Shin Hye Sun), who was involved in an accident which resulted to her blindness. Because of this, she became emotionally detached with everyone and everything, including doing ballet. Mean while, an angel named Kim Dan (Kim Myungsoo/L) was on his last mission: to make Yeon Seo fall in love, before he finally goes back to paradise. Though very clumsy and a trouble maker, Kim Dan continues to do his mission, making sure he isn't discovered by Yeon Seo. Trying to save Yeon Seo with every trouble, and making her love again, Kim Dan falls in love with her unknowingly. Yeon Seo, at the same time, becomes attached to Kim Dan and was swayed by all his actions, resulting her to fall in love with him too. However, knowing that he is not allowed to fall in love with humans, and that there is no chance of them being together as he is returning to heaven in no time, Kim Dan decides to leave her.

But their love for eachother is just too strong, that they still got back together. And Just when Yeon Seo and Kim Dan thought that the heavens have heard their prayer to officially make Kim Dan a real human, his human body started to deteriorate, as a sign that his time on earth as half human is coming to an end. Upon learning that they were mistaken, they still decided to go all the way. The two held a wedding for themselves and tried to live their lives normally, still hoping the heavens would pity them and hear their wishes and prayers. Realizing that his time on earth is still timed and is almost coming to an end, Kim Dan, decided to sacrifice his life for Yeon Seo and tries to make sure he is able to save her until all the people who wants to kill her are out of the way, even sacrificing himself by killing and meddling with people's life. (It is a rule that angels can't kill humans because they will eventually disappear like dust)
He, then, slowly disappeared and was finally taken up to heaven as his time on earth is finally up.

Yeon Seo, then had to live without Kim Dan by her side, wherein she finds a hard time. She kept seeing Kim Dan watching her, even when everyone else says he isn't there. And one day, on the same spot where they first met, Kim Dan suddenly appeared infront of Yeon Seo. Their prayers have been heard. Because of their love for eachother, the heavens finally pitied them and gave them their desires.

I actually really liked how the story went and escalated from one plot to another. The twists in the story was really unexpected, especially the ending. I never expected that Kim Dan would be human after becoming an angel again. I actually thought it was gonna be a sad ending for the two. I also liked the 'trivia' the drama gave.
• angels can become human with a sacrifice of true love
• angels can't meddle/play with people's lives or they disappear forever
• angels can act as humans and mingle with them

It's interesting to see these kinds of things from a drama, actually, thought I dont really believe on these things. (Which I will write about at the end of this review)

The characters/actors:

I have been a fan of Myungsoo/L since his Infinite Debut days and I have also seen him in a lot of dramas and I can say that he has improved so well! I never actually thought that he could portray the character so well (not to mention that Myungsoo's literally an angel *cries in korean*) What surprised me the most was their kiss scene ( where they were trying to confirm if Dan's wings will come out in the rain) I then thought I saw Lee Jong Suk in that kiss!  I can't believe Myungsoo could kiss like that! Ahhh! My Inspirit feels are coming out, im sorry! But Im giving all my applauses to Myungsoo for this drama.

I would also like to acknowledge Shin Hye Sun's portrayal of the role. She's portrayed a lot of role in this drama. He went from blind to a talented ballerina, from a heartless girl to a very loving woman, from disaster to a winner. Her emotions were really felt, and her acting was really good! This drama, is one of the dramas I want to give her credit for doing such an amazing job.

I don't know if everyone would agree with me, but I felt like their was something lacking in their team up. There was chemistry, yes, but not as powerful as other pair ups. Regardless, I still fell in love with their characters! They have put on a great acting on this drama and i was deeply moved by every scene and episode. I actually hope the drama wouldn't end. T.T

Original Sound Track

I am a musician and I am also very particular with soundtracks whenever Im watching a drama. I try to listen and distinguish if the songs played actually fit the scenes, not only that, but i also try to understand what the lyrics mean, the the sound and music quality as well. Im a lover of music, and I also love the OST of this drama! The music fits perfectly in every scene, the kind of music they created fits perfectly on the story lines. I am recommending the OST to everyone!!!!!

All in all I am rating this drama a 9/10! So if you haven't watch it, get your tissues and hearts ready for this! ♥

--------------------

A little personal thought on this drama ☺

I hope not to offend anyone on these comments but I just really want to share these thoughts.
As a Christian, there are things that I do and don't believe, especially when it comes to the creation of God, which includes angels. I do believe angels exists but not like how the drama portrays it to be. However, the thing that I don't find really good about the portrayal is that angels disobey God and hate Him for not being able to do what they want. Same goes for humans, who blame God for every bad thing that happens to them and become bitter about life, hating on the thought of God.

I understand that it is just a drama and that I shouldn't take it to heart, but faint hearted people, and those who don't have strong faith in God may get swayed by the portrayals. Everything that happens in our life is allowed by God, not for us to hate Him, but to trust Him. He is a very good and just God. Some people may say 'it might be easy for you to say that because you haven't been in our shoes,' but believe me or not, I have been through rough times too, but it is by the grace of the Lord that I am still standing. He was my savior, not only in a spiritual level. The Lord literally saved me from every trouble and is still saving me until now. And I hope, that by watching this drama, we also open our eyes, that the Lord maybe a jealous God, but He is also a just and good God.


5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight. 
Proverbs 3:5-6  (NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High School Debut Review

My favorite part in the Movie So, after I finished the movie, I did some research about the movie: it's plot and it's casts. Here is the list of the main casts in the Movie. Junpei Mizobata   as Yoh Komiyama Ito ÅŒno   as Haruna Nagashima Masaki Suda   as Fumiya Tamura Rina Aizawa   as Asami Komiyama Yuki Furukawa   as Yui Asaoka Rei Okamoto  as Makoto Kurihara

Medical Technology, Here I Come!

Been very busy these past few days. Really. Too busy to keep my blog updated. lol. Sorry for that. Anyway, I want to share the good news to everyone. :D I passed Medical Technology Entrance Exam in CEU! :D Okay, I know it's not a big deal.But Im really happy. I really wanted to become  a Med-Tech student. UST didn't give me that chance but, CEU did! <3 <3 <3 lol. :)) Anyway, yeah. It is really a good news but Im still bothered whether to pursue Med-Tech or Psychology.  I mean, they are both good courses and are both Pre-Med courses. But, a big BUT, I'm having troubles which one to choose. Mainly because of today's life.